owl

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

The Marvelous, Magical, Mystery Mama



 Isn't funny how some days as mom's we get out of bed, the day we have is all planned out in our head as if it were actually supposed to go according to such a plan, only to realize it is anything from being even, the slightest bit close to what we had thought by the end ?

 When my husband leaves for work around 5 am, I stay in bed. No use in lying, I am not a morning person in the least ! However, I do like to keep a schedule of things to conquer, keep focused on or try to maintain for the day, before the time rolls around and in walks hubby through the door from work once again. Time goes by all too quickly some days, and from the moment I wake, we usually have a set way of going about things unless I have made a point to do or schedule something else. When I stray from the schedules it seems chaos ensues like one thing after another sometimes like bugs hitting a windshield.

  Regardless, each day we have things we do around our house. Chores to get done, laundry to wash, schooling, cleaning, dressing, eating ... of course, but all in no particular order. To be quite honest, some days we might do one before the other and another day catch up with what we started first last, the day before. Yet, somehow in some way .... before 5 pm rolls around the house is clean and toys are picked, up, kids are (and maybe not in all cases) clean, their rooms are straight, the laundry is either washing or drying, lunch has been served and schooling (in some form) has been done. 

  I like to appear mysterious to the man walking through the door in the evening and make sure he has a nice, clean, relaxing home to walk into. Of course we all know not everyday will appear or be as such, but I do love the effort to do so. It kind of makes me feel like I am doing my part and doing it somewhat successfully.

  In most common occurrences however, because I have been known to sit at the computer sometimes and get suctioned to the seat I am in, we tend to have those chaotic moments where things are flying, being stuffed somewhere, laundry not getting folded, someone gets whacked with a shoe, which includes a half hour of some sort of eruption, a melt down might occur and tissues are used, a spritz of Febreeze through the house, the garbage all collected and the remote set to turn on an episode of 'Everybody Loves Raymond' or 'Andy Griffith' as I quickly sail through the air to land ever so nicely on the sofa. The appearance of "I have done absolutely nothing" is what it appears .... yet clearly, everything is done as hubby walks through the door.

  Once again I have foiled the makings of my day into looking like some huge masterpiece, when in fact if you were lift up the mattress.. there in fact, you will probably find a cracker or three. As strict as I am, by the time bedtime rolls around the crackers have been eaten or thrown out, the folding of the laundry and dinner did themselves (ha ha) .... and I do not go to bed unless the house is clean. Yea, yea... I know what some might say, but it is as much a part of me as is breathing. If we've had an especially hard day you can imagine that bedtime doesn't come for me as quickly as it might for some others.

  If there is one thing through the years I have learned though. I am forever grateful for doing all the little things like wiping hand prints off of the mirror for the 45th time, washing the same pair of slacks over in the laundry, getting some foreign, unknown and questionable goo off of someones shoe and lest we forget the endless supply of diapers, or books in hidden places.

  Yes, Truth be told,  I am thankful and the times indeed go fast, however; I am not quite as Marvelous, Magical or Mysterious as they think. My name is MOM and all of it is my job ! I love it and I wouldn't trade it for the world !

Tammie

No comments:

Post a Comment