owl

Friday, January 29, 2010

DIFFERENCES and SIDES ....


"Sometimes in life, things are presented to us in a calm manner, and if we don't get it, they are pushed into our face. Listen, someone is trying to tell you something". ~ Greta Garbo

It seems it is my buisness this week to be losing friends, 5 so far and I am sure there will be more. Not that I am as bothered by it as I used to be, quite honestly, this time, I'm not. I just don't like that it is a double standard world. So, I figured what a great way to finish off the week, speak your mind, lose friends.. ruffle feathers. Make people think.

It seems others can post about how glad they are to leave thier kids at day care all day and let others raise them, but the second I say I am glad I stay at home and homeschool my children, I am condemned. I say I am against feminism and I am rediculed. Suddenly, I have said the worst thing on the planet and should go to hell.

I've actually had this blog in mind for days and days now... just was waiting on the right words to say. The right topic, the timing. But what does it take ? To the people it is bothering, Maybe it takes alot and maybe it IS for a reason. They do say that if something offends you, it is usually something you wish you could fix within yourself.

I see these things within myself and I try to fix them. I watched my own father have many opportunities pass him by, shoved in his face, try to teach him a lesson and at 65 he still is without some. Life has a way of keeping at it - till you get what it is you are supposed to. It comes in different forms, in different ways. I had a mirror held to me and I didn't like what I saw, therefore to me, that was a sign to change. I guess others have an issue with that or they themselves don't want to change. They are happy in thier comfort zone. Either way, I don't think I should be condememed for doing so.

AAhhh, but others don't care, It is a selfish society in which we live. Everyone is in it for themselves. It is about here and now.. right ? Five, ten years from now, what will it matter ??? What you do RIGHT NOW should be what matters.

Unfortunatley that is how many think. We SAY well, we'll take this and do this and have this, change this or do that, leave this for our children.. but are we ? There are so many that say and not do. Intend to do something then don't. When will others learn to stand up and stick to something ? Instead the momentum is that of,"Hey, there is a party tonight at so and so's, I can't wait to get drunk" ...

Coming from the worldly perspective, it is an easy trap to get caught in. You want to fit in, you want for others to like you, You don't want to leave your comfort zone and to feel out of place. But is that what you SHOULD be doing ? Is that what you should be teaching your children ?

So many say, "Oh I will live a life without regret, and when I look back I will not be sorry". But the simple fact is that - that IS what is happening. Wouldn't you want to be told what can be fixed before it was broke or what you could change that you might end up regretting ? You'd think so, but to many this is just not the case.

I am totally perplexed by this actually.

I never said that MY way was right, or that I was 'holier then thou', but what would happen if you just took a chance on looking at things from a different perspective ? Are you afraid that you MIGHT actually want to change something or go about life out of a comfort zone ? Step out of the box.

Not everyone agrees that abortion, the death penalty and birth control are murder. Perhaps this is just the way I see it. Maybe I am the only one who says that if you commit murder you are still a child of God, and that he who kills you, is also committing murder. Maybe I am the only one who thinks that by using birth control that one is refusing the gifts that God intended to being here. And maybe by my saying that a woman should have the right to kill an infant does not make her a murderer, but instead a martyr to the many others in the world who feel the same. Should mothers stay at home, should feminism be an issue at all ?

Did any of that anger you ? The thought, the imagining of the processes ? Good. Got ya thinking. In the end times it is said that rights will seem wrong, and wrongs will seem right. Christians are supposed to stand up for the rights, not the wrongs ! So, for those who think I am being very unchristian by NOT standing by the fact that woman should have thier own choices to work and let others raise thier children, to abort babies, have sex with everyone, murder whomever we feel, or do whatever we want ... I think you are wrong. While it is sure that we will not know the time or place, the fact is, we ALL will die someday. We all will face judgement for everything we do, no one is perfect and everyone faces the same as the last.

So all I am simply saying is that whether you believe the things I do or not, whether you even believe in God at all or have convictions as I do.. you will die, you will have to face the time when you ARE going to be judged. What is it you think of the "after life" ? Do you believe there to be one at all, or do you just ignore these things and hope they'll go away, not exist at all, or ever be an issue ? It isn't happening or matter right now, after all. Life just goes and goes and then that is it. Nothing.
Sad, if that is what some believe.

What if I had the attitude to come here and state that I belive in all forms of murder, lying, thieves and blasphemy ? Would that be ok ? Ehh, so no one is perfect, who cares, that means I can do whatever I want ... Would you not say anything at all ? Sad thing is that more often than not anymore people post many things on this and the world has somehow turned this all into being ok. But the second someone says something different, the world is going to hell and you are the worst person on earth.

So to the old addage that we are taking sides as a society, I guess that is being well proven. Good Vs. Evil. Only choice now is for you to choose.

8 comments:

  1. There are more religions out there than Christianity. I know you aren't going to want to hear what I have to say either, but you know I'm going to say it. Muslim isn't a half bad religion. Their Koran is probably as close to the original bible as we will ever see. The Church of England and King James created the current Christian bible. And that was after many centuries of Catholics taking out anything they didn't agree with.

    As with any region you have extremist that go too far. Some Christians see black skin as a sign of Cain and think black people are less than human because of it. So they kill. Muslims see the fact that people, be their Christian or Muslim, aren't living by God's will and see them as being unfit for life. So they kill. Catholics, back in the day, said if you aren't Catholic and don't believe in what we believe in then you must be a servant for the devil and so they killed. What's the difference?

    I don't see that me taking Birth Control is murder. Especially since I can't get pregnant to begin with. I take my Birth Control not to prevent pregnancy but as medicine. Life isn't black or white so you can't look at it as such. Now I can honestly say I FEEL abortion is wrong. That is murder. However I am not going to stand by and be a hypocrite and expect everyone to feel the way I do. I would never have an abortion, but I can understand why people would. I'm not saying use abortion as a means of birth control, but it's not exactly a black and white issue. Rape victims, medical necessities, there are reasons and times that abortion are kinda excusable. At the end of the day, the person that does it is the one that has to live with the decision to do it... not you. It's not your soul that will be judged for it but theirs.

    God gave us a gift that we should all cherish rather than take advantage of. It's called free will. He gave us a list of rules, and told us to go out and live our lives.

    I've never been the party type, I've never gotten drunk, or high, or anything like that. But I'm not sin free by any means. No one is. Some just have a little more on their sin sheet (as my Grandmother called it) than others. God gives you time to repent, and correct your mistakes.

    But I don't think it's right either to condemn those that don't feel the way you do. Just because you see fit to live your life the way you do doesn't make it right, just like with any other human being. We are flawed by nature. He's not asking for perfection. And since he's the only one that can judge me... he's the only one I'm trying to please.

    On that note, I know you say you don't care... but it's like every time someone stops speaking to you because you are who you are, and feel how you feel, we get one of these blogs. If you don't care... just let it go and speak no more of it. Pray for them and let it go. There's nothing else you can do.

    I'm done for now... may think of more later LOL But I'm sure you're hoping I don't.

    Sunshine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tammie--I just read your comment on my blog and so had to come and read yours. It is weird how they sort of matched up, isn't it? I can see where you are coming from, sometimes it gets SO frustrating, because it does seem like everything is permissible except God's ways of doing things, those are sure to be attacked! It's easy to get upset when people "unfriend" you, but you have to learn to let it go, to not take it personally, to realize that if you are truly speaking God's word and God's will, it is Him they are rejecting and not you.

    With that said, Jesus loved even the blatant sinners, and showed them the same respect as the priests. WWJD?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank You Heather ! I totally agree.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunshine I have more to say, just not the time RTM.. I'll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed looking over your blog
    God bless you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christ has taught me, we all belong to the Father. I'm not asked to judge anyone, but I have been instructed to forgive and love. That I can do with ease because even if every single person on earth lets me down, my Father's love is perfect.

    It's very freeing to let go of the opinions of others and not feel that fear anymore. I truly came to know heaven on earth once I began living this way. After releasing fear, you can really feel our Father's love and constant presence.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, I can comment over here now! I have a google account! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL Windi. :O)

    Sunshine - sorry I never got back to ya. I see your points though. Oh and I deleted 3 of those, so actually I lost two and chose to lose the rest.

    ReplyDelete