owl

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

PROCRASTINATION, LEADS TO ALOT TO BE SAID.

Hi guys ! Has it been forever ? Feels like it. I have been so busy and or doing the lazy sleeping thing that I haven't had the time to blog much.

So I will try to fill you in with where I left off, but don't know that I even remember everything I wanted to say, lol. So, let's see ...

We got our tax money back and the first thing we did was to go pick up the engine for the Saturn, so that could get fixed, then we paid off every debt we had, so now we are debt free. (excluding normal monthly bills) We even paid off some bills not even due yet, lol. We had a bit of money still left and gave the (older) kids each 350 dollars to spend on things they needed as well as wanted. Well, the kids begged and since we found the new mall in the Dells that has thier fave stores, we took them there to shop. We spent the day having a good time carining between Abercrombie and Hollister mainly so Brittany could make up her mind on which things she wanted most. Jordan chose to spend a few dollars on new clothes and with some he had saved he also bought himself a laptop. Hannah was in love with the Disney Store and HA, Adam had a great time at Build A Bear with Cameron. I have to admit though, I almost had a heart attack when clothes for the bears are 7 dollars for a piece and he got a few, but Adam wanted it to be just thier thing, so sigh... whatever. After that, we went to Toys R Us and browsed around. They have a small one here and we had asked a lady if we could look at the Power Wheels for Cameron and she was soooo snotty to us that we left and told her we'd spend our money elsewhere, then went to WalMart to look at those there. Well we got there with full intentions of buying Cameron a Power Wheels, but he fell in love with a bike and wanted that instead ! Silly kid !

So after that weekend Jordan went to school to fix the Saturn and spent all week working on that. The week was slow but it was a nice feeling to know that things were paid and the Saturn was getting repaired.

We've been busy around here doing alot of little odd jobs that seem to take alot of time up - wasting time till spring comes an we can get outside to finish the things we had started last year.

I had a scare about a week ago though and went to the hospital, but all is ok now. Basically and excuse the TMI, but it happens to all of us.. what happened was that I went poop, yes that is what I said, and there was blood, but not out of the poop hole, Okay .. anyway.. I freaked and went to the hospital. They gave me a bunch of tests and blood work as well as an ultrasound. Everything turned out to look good, My 'beta' numbers were 91,000 (that is really high I was told) and the baby was sitting well up into the uterus, so it didn't look like anything was about to happen or could happen - just looks like one of those things that weirdly happens .. hopefully only once, since it hasn't happened again, but whatever, Apperantly I have a sensitive cervix. So, the US picture above is of the baby. Can't really tell as he or she is still small but the head is to the right and there are eyes - the feet are to the left.

Lets see, other then that .. Hmmm ..

Ohhh, Adam has applied for some jobs back home (Indiana) and has an 'offer' of sorts to work one next fall if those others fall through. It will start off with a smaller amount of pay at first but will increase, so it will take alot of discipline on our part, but were going to pray about it and let it be guided by the Lord. I actually like home alot but the pros and cons arent a fun thing to weigh for me. Living far away from some of my family is A GOOD thing, a VERY good thing , and even though I do NOT like Wisconsin, I am not so sure that 'HOME' is exactly a grand idea either. I really wish it could be south, warmer, but closer to a big city then we are now... Sigh, whatever - until then I will weigh the pros and cons and analyze everything to death and go insane doing so... that is me ... just praying for Gods will to be done. Right ? I mean what do I have here, a house I want and can't have ?! .. nothing else .. I don't like it here - I tried but people make it very hard welcoming 'transplants' and I no longer do ... don't help that occasionally psycho ex landlord still stalks me .. guess I shouldn't complain, we have a great LL now and all, but family CAN be worse then even Wisconsin ...

See, I am doing it already, this promises to be a great few next months of wondering. HAHA.

In other news, Jordan has decided that he definitely IS going back to Indiana this year after graduation. Will also apply for the same job similar to the one Adam was offered and plans to go to school to be a mechanic as well. This of course means that since I have never been that far from my kids, I will most likely have to move anyway -regardless of family- sigh. I know I know, I am clingy, but I am just happy that after weighing his options he decided against the military and chose to stay here. Call me dumb as I have been a military spouse for 18 years, but the Army now isnt what it was then, and I did not want him going. I see how some of these kids come back and it scares me.

Hmmm.. oh yea. next year I have also decided that Brittany will also go back to High school. It is just becoming too hard to school her because she was so used to already going.. she has not set well with homeschooling and has too much spunk for me. Whether or not we end up staying here or going she will go back and she is happy. She is the "I wanna talk to everyone, be in everything girl". Now I still will hold my standards of not allowing dating/ no boyfriends.. no sluty dressing or friends that are of a bad influence, but she has been warned that if anything becomes an issue she will be immeadiatly back at home. I am glad though that I will see her in a cap and gown though ! Just NOT ready for how soon that actually is !!!

My other kids will continue to be homeschooled though. I wish I would have started years ago when I should have with my older ones, but I didn't ... no one to blame but me, however, I do have great children and yes I am biased, lol. But what other 18 year old boy has taken an oath of purity and given his life to God, asks that I not do mens work and insists that he will help me with everything, from opening doors to carring a bag of garbage. lol. He is (and has ALWAYS been) a good boy and I am sure as you can clearly tell I am having issues letting him go. (insert cry) :O(

So mkay, anyway ... The Saturn is still at the school. They have the engine in now and are in the process of hooking the wires all up and all that little stuff. Jordan says it should be home within the next week. While all that was going on, my van decided to die. Adam stopped uptown and went to get back in and it wouldnt start. Yep, it is older. A fact I kinda do regret now that we decided to go used instead of new. It has been costing us something every month so isn't that big of a help as far as debt goes. Adam and Jordan got the thing home from about 2 blocks away and looked at it with the assumption that the issue was the Starter. They tried for days to get the bolts off of the thing to replace the starter but could not do it, so last Monday they took the van to the high school to see if the mech teacher could help a bit with some tools he had. Adam wasn't about to pay 75 dollars for a torque wrench, so that was our option.

So after doing whatever it is they did there, they got it off and replaced the starter AND alternator and finally got it to work. The mech teacher said that it has alot more problems and will need help soon, or will most likely die again. We dont have money (cash) to buy a newer car and since we are now debt free we are NOT looking forward to getting back into debt either... so it will have to work again till it really doe die. SOunds good though, for now anyway.

The part I am really ticked off about though, is that the main kid (one of Jordans "friends" and member of the class who knows a little more about cars then Jordan) who has been working on both our Saturn and the van suddenly decides that he wants a chunk of money for doing this. Now, dont get me wrong, We were all willing to give 'something' but NOT what he asked for ! It really made me livid as I was told it was just supposed to be for learning experience and not alot of money. I was planning on giving what I could as a thank you, but 500 dollars ??? I was cooking my own brain on that one ! OOOh boy, I was about to have a hissy yesterday so big that my head would have fell off ! --- besides that the kid has the ORDACITY to ask if he can take Brittany to the movies as a thank you gift !!! that about burnt the cake !! I mean, as he used to live by our old house( the one we lost to the lawsuit) he asked Britt then and she said no. What dont he get about we DO NOT ALLOW dating, none of any kind ?!?! DUhhh. I dont care if (whoever is popular with kids - insert name) came to my door, it WOULD NOT happen !!! We have told him no dating, no unchapparoned anything ever.... I could not believe the nerve ... Jordan ended up telling the kid yesterday that Jesus wasn't lost, but that he (the friend) should go find him ! lol. 

OUghh, So, I am not going to get all worked up again, by no means .. that had me on fire and in a rage - about a little more then last weeks stupid race where Steve LaTarte called for two tires instead of four ! HA !

So anyway, it is getting late and that is about all the major stuff I can think of that has been going on. We are switching a few rooms around in the house here and waiting for spring, doing just 'the start of' spring cleaning and getting things together for a huge yard sale come summer. All them little things take up alot of time, but makes it all worth doing too. So that is what I think the last 3 weeks have been like for me, crazy, chaotic and normal, haha.

Hope that you are all doing well and I promise it wont be so long before I post again. Love Ya'll.

TAMMIE

P.S. I am thinking that I *might* also return to Multiply to blog, so you can comment here, at Facebook (where I am most) or at Multiply once I get back there.  (I WILL still be at Facebook most though and here rarely.)

2 comments:

  1. Bout time you wrote a blog. lol

    Glad to hear everything is going well.

    Good to see that you're returning to Multiply. Blogs are hard to read on FB.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mercy girlfriend. That made me tired just reading it. I agree with you about the friend though. Any payment should have been agreed upon BEFORE the work was done and certainly not for a school project.
    I swear (not literally) that cars ALWAYS know when income tax money comes in - they always break down then - ALWAYS with out fail.
    sigh
    I am so glad the baby is ok!

    ReplyDelete