owl

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

BAD, but not THAT bad .....


When you are seemingly having one of "those kinda days" ... Praise the Lord for his goodness and Thank him that it did not get any worse.

Well, atleast that is what I kept saying to myself today. :O)

It started off pretty good actually. I got up at normal time and hopped in the shower. Cleaned the bathroom, did the laundry, emptied the dishwasher, then had Brittany come down for her lunch making duties. While she did that, I got out the broken vaccuum and collected all the trash.

After lunch - however is when the day just went all sorts of wonkybonkers ! :OP While I cleaned up the dishes and loaded, then started the dishwasher, it started acting strange, didn't want to start ... well, what the hec ? Ya'know, we JUST bought it - I left it on however and after a few minutes it got that I had actually pushed the button and decided to go. It made a weird humming noise at first, didnt want to seem to fill, then was fine. (Hasn't done it since) So, okay .. but just wait, like I said ... that was just the start.

After that, I folded some laundry and took it up the stairs for the girls to put away. I felt dizzy and like I was going to vomit all over. That SAME feeling stayed with me the whole rest of the day. :O(

Around 1 or maybe a little after, my hubby comes home from work, early, totally interrupting my schedule and list of things I was wanting to get done. He was wanting to go to LaCrosse (the closest, big town near us at 40 miles away)and for everyone to go with. JOY.

Sigh, so ok. I have stuff all over, the laundry going and blah, blah, blah .. it is SOOOO NOT like me at all to just fly out the house, especially when I am in the middle of something and I wasn't feeling all that hot at the moment. Not to mention, I had really not done alot of helping the girls with the help they needed for their studies. Ugh.. I know I am not extremely schedulized, but whatever ... we all went. Adam wanted to go to Best Buy for a cord for his computer or something. Says he needed it. I am not at all technological, so yeaaa. If you say so.

After we got his cord, we looked around at a resale shop - found nothing - then went to eat dinner at the Old Country Buffet. I STILL felt cruddy ... to say the least ... so I ate soup. Nothing too appetizing looking on the menu this night anyway, and besides ya'll who know me well enough .. KNOW I LOVE me some soup ! So, I guess that part wasn't all that bad. :O)

I was thinking while eating, how I would have liked to actually go to Barnes And Nobles the next time we went to town, but I SURE did not feel like strolling through there at all tonight. So, oh well, It can wait ... I am in need of a new vaccuum anyway and will have to go back up there this weekend to get one. The one I want is only at Best Buy. (Kinda why I thought the trip coulda waited) but again, whatever. Not that big of a deal.

So, anyway, after we eat - we start home. The van seems extra warm, the kids are actually being good, not screaming at eachother about who knows what I mean, and I was thinking about reading the book I had brought with. Sounds to good to be true .... YEP ! .... PING - SNAP - POP ....

"WHAT was that" ? I said .. and Adam replies, "I sure don't know, but I just lost all steering". GREAT ! So, on the highway, out in the middle of no where - halfway between there and home ... we pull over to the side of the road. Adam gets out - looks under the hood, lights dim and then he shuts the hood and gets back in. He says I think we will make it to the next town before home (Sparta) and we'll see if they have a parts store there so I can get a new belt.

Yea, perfect a belt. Oh well, the van is still running, and going. It soo COULD have been alot worse after all, so we truck on. We stopped at the parts store and get the new belt, Adam looks to put it on and doesn't have an adjustable wrench with that he needs. So we start trucking back home. We prayed the whole way. Adam kept "talking" to the van, telling it that is was being good, so we all laughed.

We did make it home, and Adam and Jordan stayed out and fixed the van. Upon thier coming in Adam went in to a tyrade about being an unfit husband and father and that we should have a better, newer car ... that he wasn't doing a good job and that he was a failure. Well, I told him straight away to be quiet, (not in a mean way of course) but that none of that was true. We CHOSE to have an older van so that we would NOT have ANY debt. (and we don't) Just the way we like it and we made that choice. Any other is just plain dumb. (atleast to us) Then I told him anything else he was feeling was just plain rubbish. Everyone has thier days, and while this may NOT have been the best day to go to LaCrosse, atleast we all got home and it was just a small issue. Sure, no one is perfect and nothing goes right all the time for anyone .. but hey .. it really wasn't that big of an issue.

So, I mean sure ... the day was scrapped, not all that good and could have been better. I am just thankful that it wasn't as bad as it could have been.

2 comments:

  1. To me it sounded like a great day. Family was together, made it home safe, able to fix the problem...its all on how you look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very lucky that your hubby was able to fix the van. How nice to have a handy husband.

    ReplyDelete